BSL Dog Model Search
in light of the remarkable tale of Patrick, (the pit bull mix puppy who was abused by neglect and thrown down a garbage chute), Ginger (the GTA pit bull sentenced to death row) and all of the other heartbreaking stories circulating in the media in North America right now, i wanted to give all the beautiful and loving dogs out there a chance to have their stories told.
“dogs are an honest reflection of their humans and their environment. i believe that every dog that is given love gives it right back.” ~ M. Leeder
are you ready to help me shed some light on the dogs you know and love, that are being ignorantly stereotyped and getting a bad rap in society?
Enter my Model Search for a BSL Recognized Dog to be part of a very special project that is in the works.
if you are interested, available and able to travel to Toronto next week (between April 19-21, 2011) for a photo shoot with Marcia Leeder Photography, please copy and paste the following questions below and answer them in an email and send to email@example.com (subject line: BSL Model Search).
due to the high volume of emails expected to be received, at this time i will only be contacting the family chosen (on Monday April 18th, 2011).
COPY AND PASTE AND EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. what is your name, location and telephone number?
2. what is/are your dog(s)’s name, age and breed (staffs, pit bull types and all dogs banned under BSL are welcome)?
3. what are the qualities that makes your dog(s) unique (ie. character traits, tricks, things that make you laugh)?
4. how did your dog(s) come into your life (ie. rescue, puppy mill)?
5. how has your dog(s) changed your life/your family?
6. what is the most difficult thing you face on a regular basis having a BSL breed in your life?
7. what would you say to someone about your dog to help change their mind about BSL?
Please also include up to 3 photos of your dog (and with you) in your email.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Comments in the section below are more than welcome, but for your own privacy and security reasons, do not copy and paste your answers there.
and remember to…
PASS THE LOVE ON! if you know of any friends or family who might meet this criteria, please forward this post to them or post it to your Facebook wall. you may also share this link by clicking the ‘like’ button below).
i am hoping that this project gets bigger and bigger, so we can help change the face of BSL.
i look forward to all the submissions!